The basis for the development of the educational program "Network and system administration" is the need to train highly qualified specialists in the field of network technologies and administration systems and networks with the knowledge required for designing network infrastructure, network and system administration and practical skills in the areas of network administration, configuration and maintenance and servicing systems and network infrastructure, with an engineering mindset.
Currently, network and system administrators are needed in almost all organizations and institutions that use computers, network resources, and resources of the global Internet. It is important to ensure the smooth operation of all network components, as well as information security, prevention of failures and elimination of their consequences without compromising the organization's work.
The aim of the EP – training specialists in the field of network technologies, network and system administration, with theoretical and practical knowledge, skills and abilities required for their professional activity, able to focus and switch from one job to another, quickly find solutions and to cope well with creative tasks and routine work as well as to meet the needs of the domestic and world market of intellectual labor, to make a qualitative breakthrough in this field.
The objectives of the EP:
- Obtaining knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of network and telecommunication technologies, system and application software and hardware.
- Formation of knowledge and skills in the implementation, configuration, maintenance and operation of specialized software and equipment
- Formation of knowledge and skills in the design and administration of local and global computing systems and networks, development and maintenance of documentation, search for and troubleshooting of errors in systems and networks.
- Fostering respect for the University, ensuring the demand, mobility of the specialty, obtaining high-quality knowledge and the ability to work in a team.
- Raising the graduates’ competitiveness in the labor market to facilitate their employment in the specialty field.
- Creating conditions for professional growth and self-improvement, development of the graduates’ social and personal competences and formation of a stable interest in professional activities (active citizenship, ambition, self-discipline, hard work, communication skills, ability to make organizational and managerial decisions and stimulate creative activity, mastery of modern information technologies, fluency in several languages, desire for self-education and self-development, ability to work in a team, responsibility for the final result of professional activities, internalization of universal human values), social mobility and demand in the labor market.
Upon completing the educational program, the student will be able to:
- undertake the design of cable network structures;
- develop network infrastructure in accordance with the requirements of fault tolerance and improving the corporate network performance;
- install, configure, operate, and maintain systems and network resources;
- administer systems and networks and take measures to eliminate possible failures, perform data recovery and backup;
- participate in the development of a disaster recovery policy for systems and networks;
- ensure data protection using hardware and software;
- provide data collection for analyzing the use and functioning of software and hardware;
- organize inventory of technical means of network infrastructure, monitor equipment after its repair and / or modernization;
- identify outdated hardware and software, and organize their replacement, update and upgrade;
- interact with experts in the related profile in the selection, design and implementation of tools and technologies;
- develop proposals for improving and increasing the efficiency of the network infrastructure.