The basis for the development of the educational program 6B06107 "Cyberphysical systems" is the need to train qualified specialists in the field of robotics and infocommunication systems, who possess the necessary knowledge for the development and maintenance of software products, the practical skills necessary for constructing hardware for information and communication systems, with an engineering mindset.
Currently, new types of robotic systems are rapidly developing and are in demand. There is a growing use of robots and flexible production systems in industry and production. Their application requires a new organization of the technological process and, as a result, special training of specialists in this field. It is only on this condition that industrial robots and production robotization can yield the greatest effect.
Robotic systems with adaptive and intelligent robots need a microprocessor-based distributed control. Therefore, the preparation of specialists of this level requires systematic training and consideration for the latest developments in this subject area. This profession requires knowledge of artificial intelligence and includes the skills of creating and ensuring the functioning of devices and systems based on the use of information processing, robot modeling, robot prototyping , research and development of robotic technologies, creating models of robotic systems, the the ability to solve problems of developing and maintaining software products and to create smart technical systems for obtaining information about technical objects,.
The aim of the EP is to provide practice-oriented preparation of highly qualified specialists in the field of robotics and production-management activities related to the process of creating and using fundamentally new technical means of complex automation of production processes – robotic systems - for the production industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The objectives of the EP:
- Formation of knowledge, skills and abilities: in the design and operation of specialized software and hardware for industrial purposes; in the organization of database systems, information processing and storage systems; in the design and administration of local and corporate computing systems and networks; in the automation of business processes.
- Obtaining knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of network and telecommunication technologies, system, application software and hardware.
- Delivery of bachelor's degree programs in robotics that explore the theory, development, and application of robotic technologies. Development of skills in applying information technologies for robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and design of robotics systems, as well as creating new-generation technical systems designed for industrial robotics.
- Fostering respect for the University, life-long learning and the ability to work in a team. Ensuring the demand, mobility of the specialty.
- Raising the graduates’ competitiveness graduates in the labor market, to facilitate their employment in the specialty.
- Training of specialists in the field of robotics and production-management activities related to the process of creating and using fundamentally new technical means of production processes automation– robotic systems
- Creating conditions for professional growth and self-improvement, development of social and personal competences of graduates and formation of a stable interest in robotics (active citizenship, ambition, self-discipline, hard work, communication skills, ability to make organizational and managerial decisions and stimulate creative activity, knowledge of modern information technologies, fluency in several languages, desire for self-education and self-development, ability to work in a team, responsibility for the final result of professional activities, internalization of universal human values), social mobility and demand in the labor market.
Upon completing the educational program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to use basic mathematical tools to solve tasks of analysis and calculation of characteristics of robotic systems;
- conduct a technical and economic feasibility study of robotic system projects, collect, process, analyze and systematize scientific and technical information on the subject of research;
- develop design and technical documentation, execute design and engineering works;
- operate and maintain robotic systems;
- undertake the calculation and design of robotic equipment;
- master the methods of installation, configuration and adjustment of robotic systems, perform maintenance and installation works of robotic equipment;
- perform verification, adjustment and regulation of equipment, configuration of software used for the development, production and configuration of robotic systems and devices;
- conduct testing of software for robotic systems, technical support and maintenance of robotic systems software;
- develop instruction manuals for technical equipment and software for robotic systems;
- perform mathematical modeling of objects of robotic systems, design and development of software for robotic systems;
- independently, comprehensively and critically analyze modern sources, draw conclusions, give reasons for them and make decisions based on the information collected.