The mission of the department «Information systems» – training of highly qualified specialists in the field of information systems, mathematical modeling and computer science. Training on the system knowledge to the skills development of information systems, information processes spanning the entire enterprise, reaching their full agreement, breakeven and transparency. The study of modern methods of data analysis, modeling and simulation of complex systems, as well as the software implementation of these methods. Achieving the gradual integration of education, science and industry.
Also, the task of the department is carrying out scientific research, extension and intensification of the international and intra-cooperation, providing staff development, providing scientific and practical activities of students.
The department is constantly working to strengthen and expand international contacts together with the University administration and under its supervision. Currently, contacts are maintained with the following educational and scientific institutions:
– Division of Carnegie Mellon University - iCarnegie (USA)
– University Tenaga National, Malaysia
– University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
– Central European University, Budapest, Hungary
The graduate of the bachelor's program «5B070300 – Information Systems» is awarded the academic degree of bachelor of information systems.
Information systems is a field of science and technology, which includes a set of tools, techniques and methods of human activity aimed at the creation and application of systems of collection, reporting, storage, transmission and processing of information.
The professional activities of graduates include industry, science, education, culture, health, agriculture, public administration.
The objects of professional activity of graduates are enterprises and organizations of different ownership forms, which develop, implement and operate information systems in various fields of human activity.
The subjects of professional activity of graduates include mathematical, information, software, linguistic, technical, organizational and legal support of information systems, including design, development, implementation, maintenance and operation.
Bachelors in «5B070300 – Information Systems» specialty can carry out the following types of professional activities:
– design and engineering;
– production and processing;
– organization and management;
The main functions of the professional activity of graduates are: design, operation, administration, maintenance, testing, provision of hardware and software protection.
Typical tasks of professional activity of the bachelor are:
– design and development of various information system components and information systems in general;
– installation, configuration and administration of the network infrastructure of information systems;
– design and administration of databases of information systems;
– information, software, technical, organizational and legal support of information systems and their elements.
Directions of the professional activities are the following:
– development, implementation and operation of information retrieval systems;
– development, implementation and operation of information management systems;
– development, implementation and operation of expert systems;
– development, implementation and operation of information and organizational systems.
The graduate should possess the following general cultural competences (CC):
– culture of thinking, ability to synthesize, analyze, process information, sett goals and choose the ways of achieving them, ability to produce oral and written language logically and clearly;
– willingness to cooperate with colleagues, work in a team; knowledge of principles and methods of organization and management of small teams; ability to find organizational and managerial solutions in not standard situations and readiness to take responsibility for them;
– understanding of the social significance of their future profession, possessing a high motivation to perform professional activities;
– ability to scientifically analyze socially significant problems and processes, ability to practically use methods of humanitarian, environmental, social and economic sciences in various types of professional and social activities;
– ability to apply methods and means of knowledge, learning and self-control for intellectual development, enhancement of the cultural level, professional competence, care for own health, moral and physical self-improvement;
– possession of a broad general training (basic knowledge) to solve practical problems in the field of information systems and technologies;
– ability to critically evaluate own strengths and weaknesses, identify ways and choose means of developing strengths and eliminating weaknesses;
– understanding the importance of humanistic values for conservation and development of modern civilization; willingness to accept moral responsibilities towards the natural environment, society, other people and yourself;
– possesses abilities of an individual methodically correct use of methods of physical education and health promotion, ready to achieve the proper level of physical fitness to ensure full social and professional activities.
Academic value of the curriculum lies is in the content of professional activity:
– creation of components of information systems, development of programs and software systems;
– testing and debugging of software suites of information systems;
– installation, configuration and administration of network services of computer networks;
– certification of professional activity objects;
– management of information systems creation, implementation and maintenance project;
– choice of technology, tools for organization of the development and implementation of professional activity objects;
– organization of individual process stages of developing professional activity objects with the specified quality at a given time;
– training of staff within the adopted objects development process organization for the professional activity;
– development of requirements and specifications of the individual components of objects of professional activity based on the analysis of user requests, domain models and possibilities of technical means;
– information systems component architecture design;
– designing of human-computer interface for software and hardware;
– designing of mathematical, linguistic, information, software and hardware support of information systems based on modern methods, tools and techniques of design, including the use of CAD systems.